Friday, August 14, 2015

The Digital Sketchbook Project!



The Sketchbook

I have been keeping a sketchbook as part of my studio, art process, and all around capturing tool for as long as I can remember.  When I don’t have my sketchbook, I use a napkin, a receipt, a ticket stub...whatever is available to remember my thoughts, sketches, ideas I have in the middle of whatever I am doing.  I often have several at one time and go back to older ones to see where I’ve been and where I need or want to go.  Your digital sketchbook will allow several things to happen:  it creates a safe place in which to create, you will be able to watch your own creative process develop - ideas that work well along with those that could use more, and most importantly I will be able to watch you problem-solve.  You have a list of prompts to work with and "capture" - think of this as a record of REGULAR creative thinking outside the classroom. Sketchbook work is due every OTHER week, uploaded to your blog by the end of day Sundays.  Lightroom and Photoshop may be used and manipulation is encouraged!Sketchbook Assignments:

  •  The list of prompts is posted, lower right.  They are to be done in order.  Due dates are also posted.
  •  Label your photograph with the prompt and your name.
  •  Subject matter is your choice based on each assignment.
  •  Sketchbook work is to be done outside of class.

Sketchbook 1 is due August 30

No comments:

Post a Comment