1. You must set up the shot and have great lighting…your image will live or die with the settings you choose so think about time of day, using lights and/or reflectors, what is the background you've chosen - does it make sense?
|This is the final image…|
|This is what we started with…|
2. Shoot wider than you normally would. You will be cropping after the shoot and you need to leave PLENTY of space around your image. Your final image MUST be 31 x 37". Your LIVE area (what the viewer will see on the front of the canvas) will be 22.5 x 28.5". Your final resolution must be 300.
|Select the rectangle tool|
|Drag the rectangle to the approximate size you want - it will appear as a new layer|
|Command T will select the rectangle so you can make the size 22.5 x 28.5"|
…measure the edge against the ruler to double check.
Now that you know you have enough space for the final crop and text, you can make the image correct for the canvas to be printed.
4. Create a new file to the final size of 31 x 37" at a resolution of 300.
5. Drag your image to the new file and position it where you like -
6. Create another rectangle to make sure the text fits correctly. Your 22.5 x 28.5 rectangle MUST be centered. You CANNOT move it around to make the crop work - that should be done when you sized the original image.
8. Type in your "I am…" making certain it is within the rectangle you created earlier. You can create a guide line to help you center it. You have a few color options. NDB blue, yellow/gold, or white.
Done! Save the file as a psd in case you need to make changes, but you will be sending me the file as a jpeg.